WiLS (Wisconsin Library Services) and Recollection Wisconsin are partnering with the iSchool at UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee’s School of Information Studies to provide library school students with practical experience in digital stewardship and increase the capacity of small libraries and cultural heritage organizations to curate their digital collections.
Over two years, 16 students and 10-16 host institutions will receive training and mentoring in digital stewardship and will work together to manage, preserve and provide access to digital content.
This initiative is supported by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program. For more information, read the final grant proposal submitted to IMLS.
Information for Host Sites
Applications are now being accepted from Wisconsin libraries, archives, museums, historical societies and other memory institutions interested in participating in this program as 2018 Host Sites!
To see if this opportunity might be a good fit for your organization, visit Who Should Apply?
For a detailed description of a Host Site’s responsibilities, take a look at the Host Site Supervisor Expectations.
Is your organization ready to submit a draft or final application? See How To Apply. Final applications are due February 28, 2018.
Information for Students
The application period is now open for graduate students enrolled in the iSchool at UW-Madison or the School of Information Studies at UW-Milwaukee. Both on-campus and distance students are encouraged to apply!
To see if this opportunity might be a good fit for you, review the Practicum Student Expectations.
For more information, see How To Apply. Applications are due March 15, 2018.
Project Timeline: Winter/Spring 2018
- February 2: Deadline for prospective Host Sites to submit draft applications for review and feedback
- February 28: Final Host Site applications due
- March 15: Student applications due
- March 16: Accepted Host Sites notified
- March 30: Accepted students notified
- Spring 2018: Host Sites work with Program Coordinator to develop individual project plans
- April 2018: Students, Host Site Supervisors, mentors and project staff participate in orientation web meeting
- May 22-24: Students and Host Site Supervisors attend immersion workshop in Madison
- June 2018: Begin project work
This opportunity is made possible by funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, #RE-85-17-0127-17 and is coordinated by WiLS (Wisconsin Library Services) on behalf of the Recollection Wisconsin collaborative statewide digital program.